Wednesday, September 5, 2007

lunch bags for my girlies

The girls started FIRST GRADE yesterday and I didn't cry this year. Yeah for me! Last year I was a blubbering idiot but I must have warmed up to the idea because I lingered for a little too long in their class room this year but that was the extent of it. I stayed up LATE Monday night (more like Tuesday morning) to make them these:

I mostly followed this tutorial but wanted it to look more like this. I was going blind by 1am so I'll have to perfect them some other time. Won't take too long to sew some ribbon onto those corners ;) We're testing their cold-ability today because I sewed in some Insul-Bright (needle insulated lining). So night #1 we threw cold lunches in them without putting the actual bags into the fridge. Last night the whole thing went in. The girls will report back today and let me know which one worked best.

Besides, the girls were pretty happy with them anyhow!


3 comments:

Tab said...

I want one!!!! But what would I do with one? So so sad.... :(

Anonymous said...

The bags are cute but the girls are cuter. So, what do the boys take their lunch to school in.. :)

Raquel said...

Rodrigo (aka Miss Brasil) - I PROMISE that I will make you a purse one of these days...

southerngirlmusings - Little O is at home with me (playing trains in the living room as I type this) and P is in morning kindergarten so he's stuck having lunch at home with me! Heehee!